Rules & Regulations
Every organised group has to have a few rules to keep things running smoothly and to ensure that everyone enjoys the group's activities.
We have put all of the details here on this page for your convenience. Here you will find our Code of Conduct,
If you have any questions or concerns about any of this please talk to a member of the committee in confidence. We need your feedback to help us improve the group for everyone.
Code Of Conduct
At NFDG, we want everyone to have a great time dancing and getting to know other members. To help make this happen, we have a code of conduct setting out our ethos for the club. Please take some time to familiarise yourselves with this.
- Anyone can ask anyone else to dance.
- Any two people who want to dance with each other can do so and can choose to dance in either role.
For some dances experienced dancers may ask to split couples (e.g. if you are both beginners) but you don't have to do this.
- You are not obliged to accept an invitation to dance and you do not have to give a reason for refusing.
- Treat other dancers with kindness and respect.
- We do not tolerate racism, sexism, ageism, ableism or homophobia.
- Agreeing to dance with someone does not mean agreeing to anything else.
- If you need to do something differently, say something.
Sometimes people need to do things differently for reasons such as illness or disability.
Our callers and dancers will do all we can to help.
- Wherever possible, participate fully in the walkthrough.
Even if you don't need to walk a dance yourself, there may well be people near you who do need to, and rely on watching others to be able to learn.
- We reserve the right to decide attendance of the group.
If there are any problems or another dancer is making you feel uncomfortable, please report it in confidence to a member of the committee.
You can find their information on the table at the back of the hall and on the website.
If someone makes a complaint our actions as a committee will be:
- We will speak to the person about whom the complaint is made and if necessary give them an oral warning telling them how they had breached the code of conduct and what they need to do differently;
we will provide a copy of the code of conduct; we will say that we want them in the club but their behaviour must change. Two impartial committee members will make a note of what was said.
- The second warning is written consisting of a copy of the code of conduct and a statement on how they have breached it and what they need to do differently, and stating that this is their final warning.
- Then the final action is a letter telling them they are no longer welcome at the club and asking them not to come any more.
At Nottingham Folk Dance Group we take your privacy seriously.
- We store your contact details on computer and paper for the purposes of administering the group and for your safety.
- We will not pass your details on to any third party without your consent.
- We do not share contact details with any third parties e.g.: other clubs or marketing organisations.
- In an incident where you are incapacitated we will use your emergency contact information to contact a family member or friend whose details you have given us.
- Any member under the age of 16 must have a nominated adult to provide consent for data protection.
- We keep the following data about members on computer and on paper:
- Name, address, postcode, email, phone, emergency contact (name & phone)
- Data is held for the following purposes:
- Inform members of event cancellation
- Inform members of NFDG activities and other events which may be of interest
- Inform emergency contact when necessary
- We use Google Analytics to analyse the effectiveness of our website. All data gathered is anonymous, and no cookies are stored when you access our website.
- We retain records for lapsed members for up to 5 years.
- Details will be removed from our records on request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you do not wish your data to be stored, you can still be a member and gain membership benefits.
- Data will be reviewed for accuracy at each membership renewal.
- Passwords protecting electronic data will be strong and changed at least every 90 days
- Computers holding NFDG data will be protected by up to date anti-virus systems
Photographic and video images
Images of club members in action are a powerful marketing tool and help potential new members to see what we do. Photographs and videos are used on the NFDG website and on our social media platforms.
- Clear warning will be given before any images are taken by announcement at the event.
- Images will only be taken by an authorised person.
- Image consent will be obtained before publication.
- All images are carefully selected for quality before publication.
- Anyone wishing to be excluded from any and all images may request this in confidence from the Chairman.
- Anyone requesting that an image of themselves or their relative be removed will have their request processed as soon as reasonably possible.
- The names of the persons in the images will not be tagged or displayed.
Data Access and Removal Requests
Please contact the chairman
of the group to:
- Obtain a copy of the data we hold about you.
- Request removal of data or images related to you.
Your request will be processed as soon as reasonably possible.